Vande Mataram!
Sujalam, suphalam,
malayaja
shitalam,
Shasyashyamalam,
Mataram! Vande Mataram!
Shubhrajyothsna
pulakitayaminim
Phullakusumita drumadalashobinim
Suhasinim
sumadhurabhashinim,
Sukhadam varadam,
Mataram! Vande Mataram!
I bow to thee, Mother,
richly-watered, richly-fruited
cool with the winds of the south,
dark with the crops of the harvests,
The Mother!
Her nights rejoicing in the glory of the moonlight
her lands clothed beautifully
with her trees in flowering bloom
sweet of laughter, sweet of speech
The Mother, giver of boons,
giver of bliss!
Credits: Vande Mataram by Bankim Chandra; Translation by Sri Aurobindo Ghosh; Photos on the NBA campaign.
1 comment:
Highly emotional and utterly appropriate song for today. I don't know why, but after listening to that in my head, I am remembering our long summer walks from the road to our ancestral home...crossing green fields of paddy and little paths well-worn by bare feet.
I miss home. The color, the smell, the touch, and the taste.
Dodo B.
Post a Comment