
I am in DEPP heaven!! The second installment of Pirates doesn’t disappoint and neither does Monsieur Depp! Absolutely entertaining… Worth every penny I spent on the movie…A long time since I saw a movie made by Disney, which didn’t involve any cute speech about family, love, beauty (inside and out) etc. I kept thinking about the characterization of the East India Company in the movie as “Evil Empire” linked to the dark forces of the undersea (Hope I didn’t spoil it for those who didn’t see it…)
As the world focuses its attention on proxy war between one of the founding members of Axis of Evil (i.e., Eye-Ran) and Forces of Moral Values and Democracy, killing continues in the other war (the one being fought in Eye-Raq and Afghanistan, remember?)…Saw Condi yesterday with her coiffured hair (new hairdo does work for her!) saying, “When they stand up, we will sit down.” Sorry - Wrong speech, Wrong war, Wrong person. Just like Madeline Albright who refused to acknowledge the deaths of millions of Eye-Raqi children and squabbled over the definition of Genocide…Condi said - Let the Killing Continue! (I am paraphrasing here). She was the emissary of The Decider trying out the new model of diplomacy…In a trip that was a ‘surprise visit’, she told the Lebanese - “Hey, get out of harm’s way or all the weaponry that we sent to Israel will come raining down on you.” Nice, eh? Come to think of it, Secretaries Albright and Rice both had the same teachers – worked different administrations, but same results…hmm.
Amidst all this war, it was indeed nice to see Shalom in the Miss Universe Pageant (I was checking out the swimwear and talents the ladies possessed) with Lebanon and Israel sending their representatives. I am sure they both would say – “Apart from the title, I would really really want World Peace!” Now the question is – Who becomes Miss Universe? Let’s hope that a war doesn’t break out and no hostages are taken!
1 comment:
Nice nice, esp the 'Wrong' everything. : ) Israel is like a spoilt baby overfed on treats and stomping on all the puny kids around it when one of them musters enough courage to say 'move over!'
Keep up the good work!
Post a Comment