Saturday, July 23, 2005

I'm Ready!

34 degrees centigrade (feels like 40 celsius)…Hot Summer Saturday….sapping all the energy! Some deaths already attributed to the heat wave, and continents record increases in temperatures not witnessed before….reminder that the weather is a-changing – Fast. A string of bomb attacks…more innocent dead…new headlines: Terror in London/Egypt. Let’s begin the random/systematic searches of book-bags, rounding of suspects…and mistaken shootings. Fear is such a powerful tool – too bad there appears to be no anti-dote.

M-H and Y have left. Je suis triste. But Le Frigo is spilling at the seams with goodies – no more cooking for another four days! Let’s hope that the cake lasts that long! Tomorrow, end of Tour DE France and Lance “Wear Yellow, Be Yellow” Armstrong will regain title for the 7th time – and drink cheap champagne. I wonder what he does with those Credit Agricole Lions he gets every year?

After a blissful two weeks of amusement, and much needed rest – I’m Ready.
I want to wake up and know where I'm going
Say I'm ready
Say I'm ready
I want to go where the rivers are overflowing and
I'll be ready
I'll be ready to let the rivers wash over me
I'm ready to let the rivers wash over me
If the waters can redeem me
I'm ready
I'm ready
I'm ready to let the rivers wash over me
I'm ready to let the rivers wash over me

I want to wake up
I want to know where I'm going
I want to go where the rivers are over-flowing
I'm ready to let the rivers wash over me
I'm ready
I'm ready ...
- Tracy Chapman (1994)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

For those who care, these are Crédit Lyonnais lions, not Crédit Agricole!

Nuts said...

Thanks for the correction...but credit agricole, credit lyonnais...one and the same non? :))